Hi Paul,
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, at 10:21:35 [GMT -0600] (which was 17:21 where I live)
you wrote about: 'Foreign Characters'

> I have been trying to figure out on my own how to insert characters
> with accents à, è, é etc. (The latter three characters were put into
> this message using a program called "Foreign Characters" which costs
> $$$.)

> Can I use TB directly to put these in? How?

> I apologize if this has been answered in some FAQ list.

Install a second language keyboard with the US International layout.
This will make the ', ", `, ^ and ~ keys so called 'dead keys'. That
means that they will not be entered in the text directly, but will try
to combine themselves with the next character that follows.

So pressing " followed by e will produce ë, ' followed by e with
produce é. And if you want the accent characters on their own, type
the key followed by a space.

You can configure your system so you can switch between different
keyboard layouts using a hot key. The default hotkey to switch is
Alt-Left Shift.

--
Robert van der Hulst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]