Hello Roelof Otten,

On or about Tuesday, January 14, 2003 at 15:55:11GMT +0100 (which
was 9:55 AM in the tropics where I live) Roelof Otten responded:

NC>> Is it possible to turn off synchronization that performs when I'm
NC>> turning off the mail client.

RO> TB doesn't do any synchronization unless you're giving a manual
RO> command. Synchronization with what?

I think he may be referring to the message database compression
that occurs when the program is closed.  In my case I have this
set for all folders, which can take as long as 2-3 minutes with
the hundred-odd thousand messages in the folders! ;-)

If he wants to eliminate this, he must turn OFF message database
compression on exit, I'm thinking.  This would be under;

Account-<Properties<-Options<-Compress all folders on exit [Checkbox]

or

Individually checked options for each folder created;

Folder<-Properties<-Compress the folder [Checkbox]

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Flying in the stratosphere with The Bat! V1.61 on
Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3