Hello Richard,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:43:03 -0500 GMT (15/01/03, 09:43 +0700 GMT),
Richard H. Stoddard wrote:

> I am having problems with filters for my in-boxes.  I am using the
> "inbox-known" for many of my contacts, but would also like to add a
> filter identifying a few with a color group.  The transfer to the
> inbox-known works fine, but the color group filters do not.

> On the rule tab, the source folder is set as the in box and set to
> move them to the inbox-known.  (I had no options available on the
> source folder.)  The rule is active, and the string is set for the
> sender.  On both the Actions and Advanced tabs I have set the color
> group I want for these messages.

OK, here is the confusion. Action and Advanced are two different
things. And I am not sure yet which of these you want to achieve.

Actions: This is used in order to set the message to a colour group.

Advanced: This is an additional condition, meaning the filter should
be triggered only if the message already has the colour group.

Pick your choice. I am not sure which one you mean, but certainly it
doesn't make sense to set the message to a colour group if, and only
if, it already has the colour group. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Next Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of
the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet
will come forward and do so.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/3
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM