Hello 3w,

Does anyone on this forum heard about compatibility issue between the
bat 1.61 and Kaspersky AV plugin ?
I made a deinstall-reinstall procedure and the problem still remains.
Any comment ?

Le Thursday, January 16, 2003, à 7:53:40 AM, vous avez écrit:

3> Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 6:58:20 PM, you wrote:

>>   What Virus Plug-in do you all recommend for use with the Bat?

3> I used the following software in the past 2 years, each of it for a
3> longer period of time, all full versions:

3> G Data Antiviren Kit 11
3> Great software, test winner in c't and several other journals. Finds
3> almost everything, uses pop.server for mail client. TB! hung several
3> times (every 3rd time or so) when more than 1 account had mail.
3> Several demands to support only produced 'help for dummies' - they
3> just wouldn't believe that their software didn't work as expected.
3> The system-performance is MUCH SLOWER because of the OnAccess scanner
3> (I had it always on). Had problems once with a virus test, Marck
3> helped me out (thanks for that ;-)).

3> Kaspersky Professional
3> Works with plugin, great scanner, system slow, really confusing
3> interface if you're used to other software e.g. G Data.

3> Norton AV
3> IMHO: Just forget about them, didn't made me lucky at any time.

3> AVG
3> The only one that's free!!! for personal use. Doesn't slow down
3> the system too much, what I almost prefer most. Works with plugin for
3> TB! (and works fine on my systems!). Maybe not the best scanner
3> (following the test results), but in my experience and the ones of
3> many others on this list it catches quite a lot.

3> This was a bit of a longer answer, but I thought it could be helpful
3> for you. I recommend AVG and the use of 'your brain', the best AV-tool
3> on the market. ;-)))

3> 3w

3> Current version is 1.62 | "Using TBUDL" information:
3> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

--
Cordialement,
 Olivier                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]