Mary-

Ah... not exactly.

FTP requires both a client and a server. If someone is running an ftp
server then you can connect (assuming that they have given you
permission) and send files to them or get files that they have placed
there for retrieval. It's not (thankfully) a
send-this-file-out-wherever-without-thinking-first sort of thing.

If someone wanted to place a file on a web site or construct an HTML
page that contained what they wanted to send by other means then they
could just email the url to it and anyone who was really interested
could look for themselves. This is the preferred means for dealing
with published information on listservs.

MB> So, as I wrote earlier, replying to another response to my question,
MB> all the people who are wanting to use e-mail to transfer files--and
MB> clutter up The Bat! with an HTML text editor--could just transfer them
MB> using FTP. Excellent solution! :)

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2