Hello Miguel,

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, 5:50 AM, you wrote:

MB>> It's like a Catch-22.

M> What is a Catch-22? I'm asking seriously, because I don't know what it
M> means.

In the context of a newbie not knowing when or how to ask a question,
it means "durned if you do, and durned if you don't!"

The reference is to Joseph Heller, who wrote a novel by that title. I
went to Google--here's one link:

http://www.webster.edu/~barrettb/heller.htm

It's famous in the context of human rights, at least here in my
country.

Mary

"I heartily disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." --attributed to Voltaire (Bartlett's Familiar
Quotations, p. 418a)

The Bat! 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1