On Saturday, January 18, 2003, 9:47 AM, you wrote:

LG>> Dump ZoneAlarm. You will find a billion mails about the problems between
LG>> ZoneAlarm and TB in the archives.

MD> Well, there is one minor problem. ZoneAlarm is mandated by corporate
MD> and this is their machine.

right, whatever corporate wants:). I'd install Kerio anyway, disable (
NOT uninstall) Zonelugs, and try it like that. I had LOTS of software on
my corporate laptop that corporate didn't know about, but then again, I
was the lab admin ;)

LG>> If you *really* need a personal firewall, then I'd kindly suggest one
LG>> which doesn't mess up your whole system. Kerio is quite good in that
LG>> respect although others may think differently about that.

MD> I may look into the one that comes with Trend Micro, but those are
MD> really my only two choices.

there are always choices, some you just have to read between the lines
and GUES what they meant <>G>

MD> I have run a test without the firewall this morning after yet another
MD> clean install, and it seems to run like it used to. I also have not
MD> added anything but SP2 to Win2K. May have been one of MS's alleged
MD> security fixes.

somehow, we knew you would say that, but at least now you KNOW the
answer. Tell that to corporate!

MD> Thanks for your help!

always glad to help!
--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600