Hello jeanluc ,

On or about Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 08:32:09GMT -0700
(which was 10:32 AM in the tropics where I live) jeanluc
responded:

j> I tried it but it didn't rebuild the messages.

FRACK! For the sequence of missing messages, did you try to use;
            Folder->Browse Deleted Messages?

Try the same thing in the TRASH folder, unless you have
compressed that folder since the loss ;-(

j> Also there is the problem of folder which are gone and which
j> are not appearing anymore.

Are the folders just not appearing in the account window, or is
there no folder(s) in the mail directory under

\Program Files\The Bat!\Mail\??

If the folders are there (on the drive), use CTRL-SHFT-ALT-L to
have TB search for and re-list the 'lost' folders.

j> I don't see any .tbi file at account level to do that.

When I said "back up,' the best thing to do is (when EXITED from
TB!) rename the file(s) [in the folders that don't show up in TB!]
to MESSAGES.BAK.

Must make note to self - be more careful with beverages around my
computer!

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

"When you smell an odorless gas, it is probably carbon monoxide."

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Flying in the stratosphere with The Bat! V1.61 on
Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3