Hi Mark,

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:01:55 +0100
Mark Partous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MP>>> When send such an Email (to myself, BCC to the same group) there
MP>>> is no problem.

RO>> I don't understand what you're trying to say with this.

> You should try harder! Anyone can see I meant:   :-) (1)
>
> "When I send such an Email with OE or Pocomail... " etc. (2)
>
> (1) Could it be The Bat automatically destroys any reference to OE ?
> (2) It's been a while, I'll test it again ASAP

1.) If it would have been obvious no request would have been made.

2.) I don't see any mention of OE, Pocomail or any other MUA in your OP,
  could you please enlighten us when those stepped in and what the
  realtion to your original question?

To clear things out a bit:

You tried to send a message to 7 recipients (T = To, B = BCC):

1.) T: you
2.) B: kid one
3.) B: kid two
4.) B: kid three
5.) B: wife
6.) B: you
7.) B: hotperamail account

You recieve 4 messages:

1.) you (account 1)
2.) account 2
3.) account 3
4.) hotperamail account

Question: have your kids all seperate accounts _AND_ mailboxes?
Question: has your wife a seperate account _AND_ mailbox?

To describe a bit more technical details: if you send the message it's
not 7 messages sent but only one with 7 recipients. Now the mail server
could strip "RCPT 1" and "RCPT 6" to be only one recipient, as the
addresses are identically, that would make only 6 deliveries to be done
instead of 7.
That's far from 4, but explains one "lost" message.

Than you wrote:

> When send such an Email (to myself, BCC to the same group) there is no
> problem.

So ... if you send such a message you have problems, but if you send
such an E-Mail you don't? Please make clear what this sentence should
tell us.

Next: have a look at the received messages, especially at their headers.
Look for "Delivered-To" lines. Could be you get a hint to whom this
particular message was delivered to by this header lines. "BCC" is only
a visualization on senders side to whom the message is addressed albeit
he/she is not mentioned in "To:" or "CC:", it's a "Meta-Information"
that is interpreted from the server but than deleted from the e-mail
before it gets delivered (else it wouldn't be a _BLIND_ carbon copy). So
the only way to tell who was the recipient (in opposit to who's
mentioned in To:) are the Delivered-To lines, if present.
Only _that_ way you can figure out which recipient didn't get a copy.

All in all I guess there's either something you did wrong while
addressing the e-mail or the server you used to send ot the mail mixed
up some things, I've _never_ had any problems with BCC in e-mails while
using The Bat!. As I've never read somebody else has chances are low you
stumbled over a bug in The Bat! handling BCC while sending the message;
chances are high it would have been already reported.

So either be clear and answer the questions people trying to help you
ask, or solve the problem yourself. But you can spare responses as in
the mail I'm replying to: "You should try harder" and "Anyone can see I
meant" (mention: "ment", not "said" ... I'll take a look for my crystal
ball for better seeing what soembody "meant" ...).
--
Peter