On Friday, February 14, 2003, 12:02 PM, you wrote:

>> Well. People do sometimnes forward things they don't see. But the
>> funny thing is that it makes no sense: how can a MIME attachment be
>> attached if MIME is not supported?

>>From http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?DocID=1309
JBL> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
JBL> This file [winmail.dat] contains formatting code that was sent by
JBL> someone using Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange. It usually will
JBL> not contain any useful information other then RTF formatting code that
JBL> permits two MS Exchange users to send e-mail messages with formatting
JBL> such as bold and italics.

well, I pretty much knew that it came from OL, I helped the guy set up
his PC:) What I don't understand was the error message. I have received
emails from him before, with/without winmail.dat attachments and this is
the FIRST time I have seen that particular error message..

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600