Good evening Tim,

It was foretold that on 17-3-2003 @ 18:10:24 GMT+0000 (which was
19:10:24 where I live) Tim Fountain would mumble:

<snipped a bit>
TF> I have a manual filter setup that moves messages from my inbox to a
TF> 'store' folder when I press a key.  This works, but as soon as I press
TF> a key the 'quick search' box pops up.

 Do you have the same shortcut for the filter and the 'quick search'?
 You can check that here: View ---> edit shortcuts (or ALT+F12) and
 then look for view --> toolbars: quick search. Maybe you have a
 shortcut configured for it and its the same for the filter.

 Luc