On Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 12:39:02GMT -0600 (which was 1:39 PM where I live)
  Joseph N. wrote and made these points on the subject of "SOT:  mail servers":
JN> Anyone here care to venture an opinion on Merak and Postcast mail
JN> servers? Anyone have another to recommend? Mercury does not include XP
JN> among its supported O/Ss.

JN> (Seems to be getting tougher and tougher to send mail: first my ISP
JN> prevented me from using its SMTP server because my domain was not
JN> registered through them, and now some companies that use lookups are
JN> rejecting my mail because I'm using my web host's SMTP, which is
JN> listed as an open relay. Thus, my need for my own SMTP, and this
JN> request for opinions.)

  I'm pretty sure Mercury works on XP even though it doesn't say so.

David
Member of E-mailaholics International
PGP Key at http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCC7E7664
Even experienced public speakers get butterflies. The trick is to make
them fly in formation.
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 1