Roelof wrote:
RO> Hallo Bedlam,

RO> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:52:21 +0800GMT (26-3-03, 23:52 +0100, where I
RO> live), you wrote:

B>> I saw some mail in the archives about people having problems with
B>> JPEG image attachments. Did anyone have a solution for this?

RO> I've never had a jpeg attachment that couldn't be viewed when I
RO> received it with TB.

B>> I'm finding that about 50% of the attachments are unreadable though
B>> The Bat, but if I look at the same email in Outlook, it's OK.

RO> Then you've either got a mangled TB configuration or you've got an
RO> abundance of Outlook users as contacts who're sending you attachments
RO> in proprietary formats  (MS Outlook is known to do so.)

RO> There's a free program called fentun (www.fentun.com) that can be used
RO> to view these attachments.

B>> And is there any way to set it so that the "Delete and Next" button
B>> goes to the next in date/time sequence within thread?

RO> No.

No, the problem is specific to JPEG files. At least one sender, from whom I've
had several unopenable attachments, is a Mac/Eudora user. I believe that there
have been other people on this mailing list who have had similar problems with
JPEG, but I didn't see a solution mentioned anywhere? Has anyone who had the
problem solved it?

- Sheeb