neurowerx-

Saturday, May 31, 2003, 2:30:29 AM, you wrote:

nwd> Same setup here. I even have SpamPal sitting in-between. I've never run
nwd> into this problem. (that is - so far;-) My SAVCE is version 8.00.

Yes... I thought I hadn't run into it either... Out of curiosity, how
often are you checking your accounts?

nwd> If it is an option to store attachments as external files at your client's,
nwd> this might be helpful, together with excluding .tbb and .tbi files from
nwd> SAVs realtime protection. This way TBs message base wouldn't be scanned,
nwd> while harmful attachments will be.

Thanks. We're probably going to try this approach. I store attachments
externally here - I'll have to log in and check the client site to see
how I set that up. Unfortunately there's no way to tell TB to extract
attachments retroactively - it's only from the time you change the
option, so there's no way to cut down on the size of the existing
mailboxes.

I'm somewhat miffed that the "corporate edition" AV doesn't have
anywhere near the granularity of the configuration options of the
personal edition. At least not that I can find.

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2