RO>> And that's what makes it a privacy issue (to me). Unless you're
RO>> running your own MTA you can't influence it.

I'm late in my thread. But I only just noticed something. From some
impressions and Roelof's comment, it seemed like TB mustn't have
anything to do with it. Not running my own MTA.

But then again, quite randomly, I stumbled on a section in Account
Properties/ Templates/ New Message, which has a a few tick marks, for
Receipt Request, and Reading Confirmation. One was ticked.

Would that sound to be the prime reason? Or can such headers appear
spontaneously?

This section could probably be better documented. What I mean is, if
you enter Help Index, and follow 'Confirm Receipt' there isn't any
mention of this section.  It's description is a little vague on
activation, but explanatory. It refers solely to some Pop-up, or
Options menu. But, I can't follow what it refers to for Pop-up.

About searching up RFC's, can you search for a header like that and
see if it is documented. When I searched at maybe www.rfc.net, it came
up with no results upon 'return-receipt-to'.

 Adam