Hello Marck,

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, at 01:46:38 GMT +0100 (6/8/2003, 7:46 PM -0600 GMT
here), you wrote in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>> ..check the "Trusted root CA" section. No entry for Certum, right?

GS>> No. There is a name of "Certum Level I" in the address book under
GS>> the "Trusted root CA" section. I don't know if it makes a
GS>> difference, but there is no email address.

MDP> No, the email address makes no difference, but check the
MDP> certificate in the entry. Is it present and valid? If not, there's
MDP> your problem.

I just noticed I have 2 "Certum Level I" in the address book. They both
have valid certificates. One expires in 2005, and the other in 2012. How
do I know which one is the correct one?

MDP> Perhaps you have your S/MIME settings incorrect? I'm set to use the
MDP> Internal implementation.

Options | S/MIME | selected "Internal Implementation"

>>> Well, it does. But it's not *that* certificate you have a problem
>>> with. It's the Certum CA certificate being in the wrong place.

GS>> So how do I fix it?

MDP> By adding the invalid / unknown certificate to your address book
MDP> and by using the Internal crypto-API.

Do I select "Internal Imlementation" or "Microsoft Cryto-API?

Your wording is ambiguous. You will see this when you view the options
you are bilingual and viewing in another language which may be
interpreted different than my English version.

Greg Strong
TB! v1.63 Beta/9 on Windows XP Service Pack 1