I'm trying to exclude signatures and adds from bottom of messages to be
forwarded

The REGEX-BASED Macro collection
<http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/macros.html>

offers the following string:

       %quotes='%SETPATTREGEXP="(?is)((\s*)?\n?-----BEGIN PGP %-
       SIGNED.*?\n(Hash:.*?\n)?\s*)?(.*?)(^(%-
       -*?\s*?--\s*\n|%-
       _{40,}\s*\n|%-
       -+\s+.*roups.*~--\>)|%-
       \n+Get your FREE download|%-
       \z)"%REGEXPBLINDMATCH="%text"%SUBPATT="4"'

which I've used, but replacing the first '%quotes' with '%text'
because I want the text not the quotes (!?)

My question for all you (very helpful) souls:

How does this work?

A test run hasn't filtered:

  Mit dem MSN Messenger eine Reise für 4 Personen nach Barcelona gewinnen –
  jetzt mitmachen! http://www.sweepstakes2003.com/entry.aspx?locationid=15

from a message; nor has adding the line:

     \nMit dem MSN Messenger eine Reise|%-

in between the last and second to last lines.

Do I need to specify the text and if so how, in order to get it
deleted in the forwarded message?

Many Thanks from a novice...

dajabo

ps. are the line endings in the above string neccesary or should it
carry on on one line...?

using 1.62r
Windows 2000
5 0 Service Pack 3