G'day TBUDL Members,

I am using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222 A

I am used to reading my news group messages in a dedicated newsreader
(Forte Agent) which gives me the ability to quickly and easily "kill
filter" any objectionable poster by clicking a button and then
specifying how long and from which groups I want to filter them, plus
whether to simply mark as read or to delete the offending messages.

TBUDL is my first experience of an e-mail based group and of course I
read it through The Bat!  Until now I have not felt any need to apply
a kill filter, but after the recent spate of aggressive posts from one
poster I want to exclude him from the material I read. I have set up a
filter as follows:

RULE

Name:  (Offender's Name) Kill Filter

Source folder: Inbox

Move messages to folder: TBUDL

Filtering strings: (Offender's Name)  Location: Sender  Presence: Yes

Rule is Active

ACTIONS

Mark the message as read

OPTIONS

Continue processing with other filters

Regular expressions

This filter appears to work fine, but is there any neater and more
flexible way to set up a "kill filter" without setting up a separate
individual filter for each offender?  Based on my experience of the
group over the past nine months it wouldn't appear likely that I would
want to use it frequently (if at all) but I am curious about the best
way to do it (just in case the current attack of bad manners/trolling
escalates.

--
 Bob MoŽŽis
Saturday, 14 June 2003