Monday, June 23, 2003, 12:45:08 PM, you wrote:

AM> Yes, I understand. However, in contrast, I've never used the context menu
AM> method to create filters. I've always done so manually. I guess one sticks
AM> to the method they got themselves accustomed to.

true.

AM> It's really not that bad. I tend to just copy and paste the string. It does
AM> involve more configuring, but I prefer the control and being able to keep
AM> track of my filters. It also makes you more likely to create your rules more
AM> efficiently in that you're more familiar with how to setup OR strings and
AM> use other filtering options.

point taken.

AM>The context menu filter setup options are basic.

i admit that i usually end up entering the main configuration panel too. the
basic options often suffice, but aren't always enough. my main gripe was that
the context menu is a common way to start the filter creation process, but TB
creates a folder unasked. it's not too difficult to get around, but i do hope
the default folder creation is removed as the default behavior. it's obvious by
some of the replies that quite a few people aren't using the context menu as a
'quick filter', but as their main filter creation entry point.

-vishal