Hello Krister,

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:38:23 +0200 GMT (02/07/03, 19:38 +0700 GMT),
Krister Ekstrom wrote:

> I have just switched from a windows 98 machine to one with XP Pro, and
> i have made a backup of my TB settings using the built-in backup tool.

I moved my mother's TB from a Win95 machine to WinXP Home last month.

Step 1: Export HKCU / Software / RIT into the TB directory intoo a
file tb.reg.

Step 2: Zip the whole "The Bat!" directory. It is a good idea to run a Purge &
Compress All Folders first - saved some 7MB (about 50%).

Step 3: Unzip the whole zip file into the folder structre of the new
computer. There is no need to create a "The Bat!" directory first, as
this is part of you zip file.

Step 4: Run the tb.reg in order to get the key imported into your
registry.

Step 5: Run TB. Everything should be as it was before. Of course, this
method requires that you use the same drive and paths.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM