If I remember, there was a spirited discussion on top versus bottom
(or strategic) posting.  The forum guideline and the general consensus
on this forum was that the bottom posting is more logical and
preferred.

I was monitoring another listserver today, and there seems to be
another thought that's percolating.  This has to do with a group of us
who also access our e-mails using cell phones or smart phones (CDMA or
GPRS).  I as a general rule, do not download the full message but
first 5 to 10 lines or a small size (2 K) in order to save time and
bandwidth in my smartphone.

I have to say in this situation, I definitely prefer top posting over
bottom posting (or I appreciate people who use top posting), and that seems to be a
consensus in that group.

Perhaps as more of us migrate over to such technology, perhaps the
guideline might needs to be modified somewhat or we cannot frown on
others who might prefer top posting over bottom posting.