On Sunday, July 13, 2003, Marck D Pearlstone wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

J>> Mozilla is set to be the default browser. I can't see anywhere to
J>> turn of the Mozilla Mail app.

MDP> You'll find this in the Windows system "Internet" settings - not in
MDP> either of Mozilla or TB. That's because Mailto is a system level
MDP> association and needs to be changed by the Operating system and not
MDP> the affected applications.

Marck,

If the Mozilla mail module was installed with the rest of the suite,
then Mozilla will use its own mail client when a mailto link is
clicked in its browser, regardless of the Windows Internet Options
settings. Marek's instructions about manually changing the preferences
file is the only way to get the desired result.

BTW, this is not true of the Mozilla Firebird browser, which is a
browser only and not part of a larger suite.  If a mailto link is
clicked there, then the Windows default mail client opens up with a
form.

--
JN