Tuesday, July 15, 2003, 4:13:58 PM, MAU wrote:
M> Loose messages ???? No matter what method, program, filter,
M> whatever, you use to detect spam you should not delete or
M> trash spam (initially flagged as spam) messages until you
M> somehow review them. There are always false positives and
M> false negatives. Maybe very few, but there are.

Agreed. However, since July 10, 2003 I've received 473 e-mails
classified as spam. I do review them before deleting them, but
it's easy to lose one in the manual review effort. When you have
an e-mail like mine that has been around on Usenet & the Internet
since 1994 every spam list in the world has me on their list.

So, reeling this back around to TB!, that is my reason for
putting the Known filter first.

M> Anyway, if you put your Known filter first, you will see some
M> spam messages "leaking through" as you say in your original
M> post.

I don't mind the leaking per se; it's not understanding the
reason for the leak that is keeping me awake nights. :) There are
spams that are being correctly identified as spam by POPFile, but
TB!'s Known filter is putting them in my Known folder. If I knew
what the logic/algorithm for the Known filter, I'd be better able
to debug the issue.

--
Dave Kennedy