Hello Paul Cartwright,

On or about Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 13:55:59GMT -0400 (which was
12:55 PM in the tropics where I live) Paul Cartwright posted:

MT> What I want to do is have one filter for multiple MT>> accounts
MT> that then filter into the common folders.

MT>> I hope that makes sense!

PC> It sure does, and I'd LOVE to have that "feature" ! sounds like a
PC> good wish-list entry <G>

I think it's a great idea in PRINCIPLE, however the implementation
would probably be VERY hard.  Look at the parameters set up in a
filter.  The destination folder is in a SPECIFIC account.  If the
filter refers to that account, then unintended filter actions would
become the rule, rather than the exception.  As it is, you CAN copy a
filter (focus on it and {CTL-C}) and paste it {CTL-V} into another
account, however the references still refer to the source account.  It
then takes some minor (or considerable) editing to 'get it right' for
the destination account.

It sounds simple, but the practical implementation could be a
nightmare!

I'd still prefer to have 1.) a verbose log and 2.) a message base
repair utility.......and not necessarily in that order!

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Quote for the day:
"In an unjust society, the only place for a just man is in prison"

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Using TheBat! v1.62r hamstrung by Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 1'