Hello Steve,

Thursday, August 14, 2003, 10:04:34 AM, you wrote:
SMS> I'm wondering if someone might be able to assist me with creating
SMS> a rule. Essentially, I'm wanting to have a sound play whenever
SMS> mail is received from a specific person. THat's the easy part,
SMS> however, the person I have in mind often posts to mailing lists,
SMS> so I would want other rules to be executed. I guess my question
SMS> is do I need to be careful where I place the rule in the list of
SMS> rules? Do I need to check the override box?

What you'll want to do is place the "sound" filter at the top of your
filter list (or at least above any filters that might move this
person's message). Then on the Options Tab of the sound filter, check
the box "Continue Processing with other Filters". Make sure you don't
move the message to another box on the "Rule" tab.

--
Leif (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 2.0 Beta/1 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB