Hello list,

I added 5 years to my life today. It is a bit of long story but there
is a question at the end.

Cleaning up my mailboxes, TB (version 2.0) crashed on me. Trying to
select multiple messages it produced an access violation of some kind
(sorry, didn't have the wits to capture the pop-up). Because  TB kept
running, I deleted the messages I had selected so far and exited the
program.

After it wouldn't start. At all. A restart of the PC and a motorcycle of
the PC didn't work either. I figured out something was wrong with the
Bat executable and I downloaded the most recent version from the
Ritlabs site. I installed this over the current installation.

I agree, this was not the best thing to do. Because after this, I
decided to backup my complete The Bat! directory on a CHROME. I
should have done this the other way around.

I struggled to get it all operational again. In the end I did this:
  a) installed the clean version of the Bat! in a separate directory
  b) copied the old directory tree from CHROME
  c) copied all the files from the new installation over the old one.

This seems to have worked. All my folders were there and TB
repopulated them with the message when I clicked on them. The filters
are there, as are the colour groups.

I had to re-import my address book but was on the CHROME. The Bayesit
plug settings were gone, but I leave that for the time being.

Upon the next sync with the servers I got some duplicates but that is
because I keep messages on the server for a few days before deleting
them.

Now the question, is there anything else that I have overlooked and
that need to be restored? What else is kept in the configuration files
in the directory 'Program Files/The Bat!'

Time for a strong coffee.

Frank

FJ de Bruin                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]