Sunday, September 7, 2003, 1:44:30 PM, Marck wrote:

MDP> When editing a message, click on Options .. Message format and
MDP> choose one of the HTML options. That will allow you to create and
MDP> edit HTML formatted messages. You shouldn't need to mess about with
MDP> tags.

Ahhhhh but.... Marck, if I have an URL such as the one below and I
create a message as html or html/plain then the URL in the html part
is not a clickable link (as it is in the plain text version). To make
the URL clickable I have to put it in as an html tag... e.g. <a
href="http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com";>http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com</a>.

If you write html then this is no big deal perhaps, but for your
average e-mail user who doesn't do web pages it can and will cause
problems huh...?

Also a few other things with the html editor....

(1) If you use an html tag with an URL as above it is clickable in the
html and the plain text copies, _but_ if you use a text link like
this: <a href="http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com";>Bat Forums</a>
then it's clickable in the html version but _not_ in the plain text
one.

And finally... (for now anyhow) - when creating an html/plain message
the saving bits of it as attachments when saved as draft message bug
has developed a new twist... whilst writing the test messages new html
attachments kept appearing alongside the draft message... I ended up
with 10 html parts of an e-mail that took me a couple of minutes to
type out. Every time I made a change to the message it added a new
html attachment with the changed part showing... I took a screenshot
of the end result but I don't think I can post it to TBUDL?

--
Cheers,
 Anne

Flying high with The Bat! v2.00.6 on Windows 98 4.10 Build  2222

Visit The Bat! Users' Unofficial Help Forum http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com