Hi Roelof

Friday, September 12, 2003, 9:09:58 AM, you wrote:

RO> Well they had a common root, but when that common root is purged or
RO> manually deleted, the separate branches appear as different threads.

I'm not clear on how exactly the different branches are formed when they
all had a common root. Is it the case that every reply that generates further
replies becomes a new thread?

If this is so, the thread by reference appears to work like this - B replies to
A. C replies to B, so their root is B, not A, even if A has not been deleted
yet. Right?

V>> Or does all the "Re[2]:" business spoil things somehow?

RO> No, that doesn't matter.

Didn't think so. Good to know.

Cheers,

-Vishal