Hello Richard,

Sunday, September 14, 2003, 5:25:04 AM, you wrote:

DG>> I've noticed the "Empty Folder" function is considerably and
DG>> annoyingly slower in v2 than in the 1.63 beta series. Although
DG>> the progress indicator is nice.

> Mine is considerably quicker with v.2 than before. I don't see any
> progress indicator, however; maybe it's because it empties the folder
> (with several hundred messages) in a fraction of a second?

I've figured out a pattern. If I empty a large folder of regular
sized, no attachment emails, it occurs more rapidly than before.
If I empty a folder of emails that all have attachments, it is
much slower than before. It seems that, for some reason, message
size has become an issue in emptying the folder whereas it wasn't
previously.

Another thing I've noticed. If I empty several hundred large
attachment emails from the Inbox, it takes several minutes. When
I empty the same messages from the Trash, it is instantaneous.

--
Dave