Hi Roelof,

on Thu, 2 Oct 2003, at 01:56:03 local time (GMT +0200), you wrote:

R>> But i see what's happening now ; when i purge the folder, all messages i
R>> just read are moved to Trash, regardless of their date ?!

RO> That's not the intended behaviour.

i would hope so ...   ;-)

R>> I would expect that older, un-read messages should be trashed first

RO> That's how it happens here. Well, now I realise that you've got (lots
RO> of) unread messages in your folder. Maybe that's the problem.
RO> What happens when you mark all messages read? (Select the folder in
RO> the account tree pane and press Ctrl-M)

OK, that helped !! Now after prurging the folder, only 999 mails remain !
And AFAICS no new messages were deleted ...

So there seems to be a bug that deletes the wrong messages - and the wrong
number - when there are a LOT of (all ?) unread messages in a folder ... ??

--
Rob
using The Bat! 2.00.6