Hallo rich,

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:58:44 -0400GMT (10-10-03, 7:58 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

rg> The BAT file consists of 2 lines. One edits an exported message
rg> then the other re-imports it.

rg> I am sure it would work if the batch file did not run the second
rg> line (import) until after the first command was completed (by me
rg> saving the edited email message).

Robin used UEdit as text editor, what do you use?  You'll need
something that is suited for batch files, ie a dos style program not a
a windows style program. You could use:
c:\windows\command\edit.com

rg> The way it is now TB just locks up (solid!) while I edit the email.

That's understandable. You think the second line of your batch file is
started while you're still busy editing. That means that TB tries to
open a file that's already opened and your OS doesn't allow that,
therefore TB can't import the file. In this problematic situation TB
decides to freeze because it's doing something it can't finish. Might
be sloppy programming, it should give you an error message and quit on
the importing action, but if it did that, you'd have to import the
message manually, so maybe this isn't as bad...

--
Groetjes, Roelof