Hi John

JM>  "You do not have a OpenPGP private key. Create it first!"
JM>  How do i create it?

tools | openpgp | openpgp key manager. You need a private key to sign messages.
A suggestion here John, hunt around for a basic PGP tutorial on the net. It'll
help a lot in answering questions like this because you'll understand how the
process works.

JM>  Also, how do i check it, can I send an email to myself and tell
JM>  someway that it was really me that sent it?

Yep. If you click on the little icon in the preview pane that says "verify
openpgp header" it should verify your signature. A disclaimer here though, I've
never used PGP specifically with TB so my knowledge here is limited. I've used
it elsewhere for quite some time, however.

Cheers,

--
Vishal