Dear Allie,

On Friday, October 17, 2003, 6:57:51 PM, you wrote:

AM> Edward J. Krall, [EJK] wrote:

EJK>> The folder-tree pane on the upper left side of the The Bat! window is
EJK>> divided into three columns: Name, Unread and Total.  What is the meaning
EJK>> of a number in angle brackets in the Total column, such as, "0 <5>"?  I
EJK>> can't find an explanation in the on-line help.

AM> It's the total number of messages within the sub-folders for the folder
AM> which those totals are being defined.

AM> So if you see for example 1237 (285), this means that the folder
AM> contains 1237 messages but there are also sub-folders there that contain
AM> a total of 285 messages.

I have received a number of suggestions of what the number is.  But it
still is not clear.

Here is a "picture" of The Bat! at this very minute.  These folders are
subfolders of my account, and have no subfolders.  In the picture, X
represents an icon.  Note the number is <6>, not (6).

Name                            Unread     Total
-X MyAccountName                 8
 |-X Inbox                                    0 <6>
 |-X Outbox                                   0
 |-X Sent Mail                                2
 +-X Trash                                    0
 X Common Folders here with a total of 307 messages.

System information:  I am using Pop3 at home with The Bat!, but the
account is really an Exchange account at work, which I read with
Microsoft Outlook.

The Message Dispatcher shows 15 messages, with all marked Read and one
also marked Delete.  I execute the Dispatcher and the one message is
deleted.  But the folder tree does not change, nor is there any change
in the six messages in Inbox.  I Purge&Compress ... no change.

I am confused.

Ed

| Edward J. Krall       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
| 10838 North 110 Place | (480) 614-0423      |
| Scottsdale, AZ 85259  |                     |