Hello Marck,
On November 6, 2003, 14:46, you wrote:

MDP> Hi Peter,

MDP> @6-Nov-2003, 13:42 -0500 (06-Nov 18:42 UK time) Peter Kerekes said:

MDP> ... <snip>
>> extra tab (such as I would with attachments) mainly in this group
>> but page shows only this:

>>> Current version is 2.01.3 | "Using TBUDL" information:
>>> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

>> Why do I get this?

MDP> This is what happens when the list server adds the message footer to
MDP> a MIME encapsulated (e.g. S/MIME or PGP/MIME signed) message. It
MDP> can't add it to the message body because the body is delimited by
MDP> the presence of an attachment. The list server is intelligent enough
MDP> to add the footer as an attachment... which is why is appears in a
MDP> tab as an attachment - it is one!

>> 2./ I have installed PGP. When I want to verify the signature and
>> click on the top right corner, if I have the public-key it changes
>> to a checkmark, other times I get a new tab, showing signature
>> verified. Which disappears when I go to the next mail.

>> Why do I get this extra tab sometimes but not other times?

MDP> Difference between PGP/MIME signatures (ticked) and clear-signed
MDP> messages (extra tab).

MDP> ... <snip>
>> ... I cannot find is Stefan, any time I try it BAT hangs up. It
>> appears on my key-manager that he has an RSA key. Is this which
>> causes me a problem?

MDP> No idea. I use pgp.surfnet.nl for LDAP searching. Seems to work okay
MDP> for me.

Thank you for all the replies and explanation.

I tried to use S/MIME but when I get to the page:"Select Certificate" my
name and key shows up, on view it indicates it is a valid key and in the
address book, but the OK button is greyd-out and I cannot go further, only
Cancel. I have no problem with in-line (OpenPGP) as you can see. I hope(?).

 --

 Peter

Using The Bat! v2.01.26 on Windows 98