Hello Scott,

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:15:28 -0600 GMT (21/12/2003, 15:15 +0700 GMT),
Scott wrote:

> Be careful how you view your JPG and GIF files (from now on)...
> http://www.vnunet.com/News/1151553

I can't reach that page at the moment.

> the problem is caused by Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) web
> browser automatically opening files labelled with .jpg or .gif
> extensions. "If the file does not contain an image, IE will try and
> guess the content," Darrall said.

Not here. I just renamed an .html file on my computer to .jpg and
called it from IE6. What I got was a little square with a red X init,
indicating that the picture could not be displayed. No guessing on
IE's side that it might be HTML.

> Any idea if The Bat would be vulnerable to this??

No. If you click on an attachement tag with a .jpg extension, and it
is not a JPG file, the viewer will not be able to display the pciture,
that's all.

If you click on the attachment icon, your default viewer will be
opened, and that is outside of TBs realm of influence. If JPG files
are associated with Irfanview, you simply get an error message about
wrong format.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"What? What the hell is a RFC? I _do_ already use NAV!" - Peter
Palmreuther on TBUDL.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.02.3 CE
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM