Hello TKGG,

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:35:29 +0800 GMT (28/12/2003, 09:35 +0700 GMT),
TKGG wrote:

>         Friends sent me mails with gb2312 Chinese character, when
> I highlight the text in preview pane and press "F4" key to reply,
> all the quoted text became ?????????, unknown character~~

What character set does TB choose in that case?

> if I just press normal reply button, it works well, but I have to
> manually remove the unwanted text...

I know that TB chooses the same character set for replies that it
finds the original message was sent in. I suspect that this is not the
case when you hit F4. Check it out and let us know.

PS: When you receive a mail in HTML/alternative and charset=GB2312,
can you view the message in the HTML viewer? I receive a lot of such
message but Big5 encoded and always have to hit F9 to see the text.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Thursday at 5:00 PM there will be a meeting of the Ladies Little
Mothers Club. All wishing to become little mothers, please see the
minister in his study.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.02.3 CE
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM