Friday, 1/2/2004, 4:16 PM

Hi Matt,
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, at 15:00:22 [GMT -0800] (which was 3:00 PM where I live)
you wrote about: 'TheBat or Pocomail'

MT> I've used TB! for a few years and decided to try Pocomail a few weeks
MT> ago. After creating all the filters and folders (painstakingly I might
MT> add) I promptly switched back after about 48 hours. TB! has it's
MT> quirks but it is so much easier to work with! I missed the editor, the
MT> F9 for headers, the extensive filtering capabilities...the list goes
MT> on. It's hard to explain but I'm more into the technical aspects of
MT> software and TB just "feels" better. :) I'm sure others can
MT> relate...

I  can  relate  to  that.  I  began using TB during the 1.32 Beta cycle. I
registered  it  after  about 4 hours of use. For the most part I have been
very happy with TB. I am not fickle about software clients, I don't change
at the drop of a hat.

The security and filter functions of TB are the main reasons I have stayed
with  it.  I  don't  give  a  whit about HTML, IMAP, PGP or the ability to
synchronize  with  my  cell  phone or the satellite radio in my Durango. I
just  want  it to handle my 12 pop3 accounts, even if I have to leave town
for 2 months.

But,  here  lately with the new beta cycle, I'm no longer sure. The memory
spikes,  finding  ALL  of my mail in the inbox or the junk folder. I don't
know  what  has happened with the filtering. Sometimes they work and other
times  it  is like they don't exist. The memory spiking seems to be better
in  beta  25,  but  in  the  next one, Rit will most likely add another new
feature, and it will spike again.

All   I  can  say is Poco looks a lot better than it did when I checked it
out a couple of years ago. Time will tell whether I stay with TB or jump.

I rambled on but that is my .02.
--
 Your communication is greatly appreciated,
                                           Paul