Dear Ken

Friday, January 16, 2004, 16:07 + 1100, you wrote:

kg> S & J Love wrote:
>> cc D Wilde (I.T. guru & fellow BMW rider)...I was going to introduce
>> the analogy of BMW bikes (highly competent but not loved by the
>> masses) vs (say) Harley Davidsons (majoring more on form than function), but
>> decided not to go there <g>
kg> Your position on The Bat contradicts my idea of BMW motorcycles
kg> (function over form) - BMWs are reliable and often considered downright
kg> "geeky" in the motorcycle world. If anything, The Bat! is the BMW
kg> motorcycles of the e-mail clients.
kg> Outlook would have to be the Harley of e-mail clients: big, fat, slow,
kg> troublesome and MASSIVELY popular.

I was perhaps unclear: I WAS thinking BMWs (I own and ride a R1100GS)
are perhaps analogous to The Bat!: emphasis on function rather than
form (prettiness, appeal to the masses).

However, analogies are not perfect. The VFR800 for example, while
having wider appeal, is nonetheless an outstanding bike despite its
wider appeal. It is perhaps an example of how good -excellent! - a
product can get if the developers stick with it and overcome earlier
problems. I hope The Bat continues in the same vein.

BTW, many thanks to all those helpful replies to this and earlier

Apologies to any Harley or Outlook Express devotees on the list: one
man's meat and is another's poisson...  ;-)

--
Kind regards,

Stephen  Love
Sunday, 18 January 2004 18:37 + 1100
Mailer: The Bat! v2.02.3 CE (www.ritlabs.com)

Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics: Things get worse under pressure.