Hello Stefan,

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:27:30 +0200 GMT (18/01/2004, 16:27 +0700 GMT),
Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

> What kind of locking is meant exactly? Message bases cannot be damaged
> by accessing from different workstations because files are locked when
> something is being written into a message base.

Do you lock them? I mean when TB writes to files that can be on a
network server and may be access by workstations at the same time? My
last programming experience with this is 10 years old and I don't
experience which Novell version that was, but I had to make my
application lock the file, write to it, and release it.

There was no automatic locking and when two workstations accessed a
file at the same time, at least one for writing, data damage was
caused.

> Do you mean some other one?

If you are saying above that TB locks a database before writing into
it, then this problem doesn't exist (any more?).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.03 Beta/31
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM