Well my "saga", as Marck so aptly described it, is coming to an end.  I
realized that upgrading my main account - that I depend on for business
- wasn't the best idea on my part.  I knew there were issues with IMAP
and tried it anyway.  I gotta take responsibility for that.

I have reverted back to 1.62r on my main machine.  I plan to continue
trying out the betas on my laptop.  There is some cool stuff in v2, but
at this point (for me) v2 is not working well enough to commit to fully.

One thing I discovered that has solved much of my functionality need is
that the IMAP implementation in 1.62r - while very limited - does offer
me the one thing I really wanted.

Remember that one of the main reasons I want to use IMAP is to be able
to stay in synch with sent mail from other locations - keeping a Sent
Mail folder synchronized across machines. I didn't know this until
recently, but if I invoke Mail Dispatcher (1.62r allows Dispatcher for
IMAP Accounts) and manually select the Sent Mail folder from the
drop-down list, I can select those messages to be downloaded, and they
end up in my Sent Mail folder locally.

Of course this isn't automatic (and technically, not really IMAP), but
it gets me what I want.  No more having to remember to Bcc myself!

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but being able to
maintain some level of synchronization of Sent Mail was very important.
This was a big deal for me and gives me the freedom to wait for v2 to
mature.

As always, thanks for the patience and guidance here...

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4