On Friday, February 6, 2004, 11:25:23 AM, Marten Gallagher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MG> Anyone know if there's a way of extracting an email address from the
MG> body of an email and using that as the 'from' address to allow me to
MG> send the message to a 'subscribe' to an email newsletter that they
MG> want to be subscribed to.

MG> I.e: an e-commerce site sends me an email that has a load of guff
MG> about their order, icldues their email address and if they ahe ticked
MG> YES to getting a newsltter I need to send thee mail address to a
MG> different email account for the newsletter controlling programme to
MG> collect and act on.

Yeah, you can do about anything if you can get past an often obscure macro
"language" that often depends on regular expressions.

Here's an example from one of my eBay confirmation templates:

Original message has in the text:

Buyer:                                 johndoe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The following is part of a reply template. It extracts the email info above and puts
it in the
"To" field.

%TO='%setpattregexp="(?i-s)(Buyer\: +)(.+\:)(.+)"%RegExpBlindMatch="%Text"%SUBPATT="3"'

Hope this helps -

jon
--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]