Thomas Fernandez wrote:
> I don't think it's a bug. It happens over here when I kill dupes and
> the last message I read was a dupe. It also happens when I purge &
> compress; I find it logical that the focus is at the top (it must be
> somewhere, right?).

I don't think it's a bug, either.  But I don't necessarily think the
current behavior is logical.  Of course, if the last message I was
viewing is deleted then I don't expect to see that message!

But by your logic, it would be logical if while reading through
messages, I deleted a message, the focus jumped to the top of the list.
And that certainly doesn't make sense.

How about mimicking the behavior of manual deletion?  While in the
message list, deleting a message brings the focus to the next message.
If the message that was deleted was the last one, focus jumps to the

Now *that's* logical... ;)

I also do not like the behavior after applying a filter or view to a
folder that doesn't produce "hits", then removing the filter (view all)
and have the focus jump to the top.

This happens most often when I filter a folder, then move to another
folder without remembering to clear the view/filter.  Ctrl+= is easy
enough, but it brings me to the top of the message list.

Why?

Granted, your argument that it has to go *somewhere* does have merit.
But couldn't that be a global option set by the user?  The Bat is touted
as incredibly powerful and flexible, but in a few small areas (changing
the subject line is another example), TB is pretty rigid.

I think that returning from a filter or compressing, etc. focus should
return to the last message viewed.  If not that, then at least let us
choose top or bottom.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4