Dave Gorman, [DG] wrote:

DG> Leave messages on server for "X" number of days works OK for the
DG> receiving part,

Not really. I tried that arrangement for a while for my home and
office mail management. It took only a short while for me to look
seriously at IMAP for a solution and I eventually went that route even
though I knew many were having issues with TB!'s IMAP.

The problem exists especially when you manage a large volume of the
same mail at both locations. It's not nice reading 200 messages at
home and reach the office to see 260 new messages. I now have to find
the 60 new messages among the 200 others I read at home. This problem
would be especially bad after a weekend of not being at the office.
Sometimes, over a thousand messages are unread and scattered across
many folders.

With IMAP that problem doesn't exist. I fire up ThunderBird at work
and see all folders with messages read and unread just as they are
with TB! at home.

DG> but the sending/replying is still a nuisance. All I can think to
DG> do is BCC yourself on all "sends", but of course that is a far
DG> from perfect solution.

Actually, that solution is a pretty good one. At least you're not
faced with the problem I outlined above. You'll just have a copy of
all sent messages.

DG> I tried this with POP for quite some time and was always frustrated.
DG> IMAP has been a godsend.

Indeed!!

--
     -= allie_M =- | List Moderator