John Rakestraw, [JR] wrote:

JR> .... A change of employment and recent developments in TB! have
JR> led me to try out IMAP. I set up a new IMAP account in TB!, and
JR> things are working pretty well, except....

JR> The filters are not working as expected. I understand that
JR> automatic filtering of inbox mail doesn't work.

Where string matching and filter order is concerned, I've been having
no problems here when using read filters. I've been using IMAP for
some time now.

JR> I've set up simple filters to move messages -- for example,
JR> messages with the text [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the location "sender"
JR> are moved to a folder named john. Nothing complicated. They're set
JR> up as filters for read mail. So far I've only set up about 10 such
JR> folders/filter combinations.

Ok.

JR> After filtering, most -- but not all -- of the messages in the
JR> john folder indeed have [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the "sender" header.
JR> However, there are several messages from other people in that
JR> folder as well --

Check for an x-sender header for those messages and see.

Usually there's an explanation for this.

JR> One final bit of information -- the order of the filters seems not
JR> to have an effect on the sort. E.g., there are messages from
JR> barbara to eddie and me sorted into the eddie folder even though
JR> the barbara filter is placed above the eddie filter.

Ordering of filters works as expected here.

--
     -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
   PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com