When I upgraded to the latest version of TheBat! I decided to
experiment with the new spam plug in. I don't have a great need for it
due to a number of message filters that I have tweaked over time.
Before I pull it out in frustration, I thought I would post a question
or two.

I don't see any way to customize the plugin. I went to the
configuration screen and wasn't able to add anything to the whitelist
or blacklist. (Choosing 'Add rule' did nothing.) I ran the Training
(even though it said obsolete) to see if that would help. I went to
the website (http://klirik.narod.ru/usefuls/bayesiteng.htm) but didn't
find it helpful for tweaking the plugin.

My problem is that some valid messages are going into the Junk folder.
For example, I get messages from a client's server about viruses. I
have those messages going into a folder that I review on a regular
basis. BayseIt insists on putting them into Junk, even though I have
marked them as 'Not junk'. I have fiddled with the scoring (moved it
from 60 to 40) and that might have helped; I'm still not sure.

Is there anything else I can do to customize the plugin for my
specific needs?

Thanks.

--
Michael Rudnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 (2600) Service Pack 1