Dear Jacopo,

@12-Mar-2004, 15:53 +0100 (12-Mar 02:53 PM UK time) Jacopo Ognibene
[JO] in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

JO> I want to set a template that modify the "To:" field using the
JO> original address book recipient's name (if existing, of course).

... <snip>

JO> The "to:" field must be set *the same* as in the address book (I
JO> mean the display name), even if I write only the email address
JO> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or the Last Name (Jones).

JO>  Is it possible?

Yes.

JO>  I tried with the followiong macro in the template, but it
JO>  doesn't work as I need:

JO> %TO='%ABTONAME="%TOADDR"' the result is "[EMAIL PROTECTED], Tom
JO> Jones".

No, it wouldn't.

You need something more like this:

 %TO=""%TO=_"%ABTONAME='%TONAME'"<%TOADDR>_

First you should clear the current entry - the TO field is
cumulative. Then you want to use the real name from the address book
or the original real name if there is none. You want to wrap that in
quotes in case of any special characters in the name fields. Finally
you need to bolt back in the target address.

--
Cheers -- .\\arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.05 Beta/1 on Windows 2000 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4