On Wednesday, March 24, 2004, stefan ketola wrote...

> yep it's the new boy again. Can anyone please explain the difference
> between these two features/options - also can one select both
> (depending on the difference and if this would be desireable) in one
> go instead of selecting each individually from the drop down menu.

Confirm Receipt is an option that is supposed to be answered by the
final mail server that reports if the mail was delivered to the
mailbox, while confirm read is one the user confirms that they have
read it. Unfortunately the Confirm Receipt option is pretty useless
for 99% of the mail servers on the internet as they have it disabled
by default for some reason... I read about it somewhere, I'll have to
dig it up.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Don't sweat petty things, or pet sweaty things.