Hello dAniel!

On Thursday, March 25, 2004, 3:55 PM, you wrote:

>> I can now make a filter, move the folder it creates to the top, move
>> the saved messages out of my sister's old folder to the new one,
>> delete that empty folder, and be more organized that way, freed from
>> a few daily mouse clicks. :)

dh> And filtering now works?

Yes. I'm so pleased.

dh> You can even save the moving of the folder by clicking the folder
dh> button on the "create new filter" dialog and create your desired
dh> filter just where you want it from the upcoming "Select a Folder"
dh> dialog.
dh> And instead of clicking "Ok" when back at the "Create new Filter"
dh> dialog you probably want to click "Edit" instead, to move the new
dh> filter up in the filter hierarchy, because they are checked from top
dh> to bottom. If a filter does not do what you want it's mostly that it
dh> does not get checked for at all or the "Move to" folder has been reset
dh> to "Inbox" (eg you deleted the original target folder).

Thank you so much for this extra tutoring. You are right--I deleted
the target folder. But that was because I wanted the messages from
this person in the Inbox, as the target folder was far enough down on
the tree that I had to scroll to it. Before I made the filter, I had
made a folder at the top of the tree, below the Inbox, for this
person, as soon as I set up the new account. And I didn't know how to
get the target folder to the top--which Allie has showed me how to do.

Mary

The Bat! 2.00.6 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1