Fri, 14 May 2004 02:46:10 -0400 (2:46 AM  here) David wrote:

> On Monday, May 10, 2004, 7:10:23 AM, you wrote:

TA>> Does anyone know of a macro that I can use to insert my progress
TA>> for [EMAIL PROTECTED] in my mail signature?

> Not a macro, but a snappy little program called setisig is what I
> use. It creates a little text file with your seti done information.

> It outputs to a file. I have The Bat! set up to grab that file into
> smart bat! so I can edit it (only because I don't like to use ALL
> the information that setisig outputs) and then in my templates, I
> just grab that file.

> So after editing, mine looks like:
> No of SETI units returned: 701
> Processing time: 1 years, 147 days, 11 hours.

Please post which Windows your system is using.

Please post the path to the text file created by setisig?

Please post an example of setisig's unedited output text file, and the
edited version that corresponds to that setisig output?

> Alas, as you notice, this does take a few steps - running setisig
> then editing through smart bat!. But, unless you are obsessed with
> having every email have an absolutely up to the moment record of
> your seti work, this is good enough for me. I run it once or twice a
> week, when I think about it.

I'd like to try to write a Basic program to edit the file. If your
system can support Basic, then (hopefully) it will be possible to use
my program to automate the editing of setisig's output.

If your system can support batch files (or an equivalent to them), a
batch file might be written to:

      Call setisig to create (unedited) stsigout.txt
      Call my Basic program to create stsigedt.txt

Then a TheBat! template could be written to include stsigedt.txt in
your message.

I'm Using: The Bat! v2.10.03, BayesIt! 0.5.4, MyMacros 1.10
           Windows 2000 v5.0 - Build 2195 - Service Pack 4

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/