Hello Paul,

Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 11:54:59 AM, you wrote:

PC>>> mine says 6.0.690

G>> There must be 2 versions then. One for version 6 and one for version
G>> 7

PC> I think you are right!I keep my AVG updated daily ( check daily..).

I believe there are two versions.  The free (version 6) version has not
been updated for quite a while.  The last three numbers in the version
number refer to the virus definition file version loaded. Every time you
download a new virus definition file, you'll see that number change (but
not the "6.0." portion).

You'll also see that this number does not change if you don't restart
TB.  Which brings me back to the original question in this thread:  Is
it necessary to restart TB to be sure that the plug in is utilizing the
latest virus definition file?  How can I know that it is up to date?

If the plug in architecture requires restarting TB, wouldn't you call
that a bug (design flaw)?  (Of course it could be only a problem in
Grisoft's implementation...)

 Lee

Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195
Service Pack 4